Trainer . Manager . eLearning Designer . Designer
Thank you for stopping by. Please take some time to review my experience and what I am most passionate about in life. If you think we’d be a good fit together, give me a shout.
I’m Inspired By Helping Others To Be Better
Expertise in a Nutshell
- Leadership Development and Mentoring
- Staff Recruitment and Development
- Adult Learning Styles
- Sales Training
- Organizational Strategic Planning
- Agile Implementation To Learning Teams
- Project Management
- Public Speaking and Presentations
- Emotional Intelligence
- Learning Program Evaluation
- Curriculum Development, (IL-E)
More About Me
I’ve had some pretty amazing opportunities in my life.
For the last 20 years, my work has been teaching others, but my life’s work is learning from others.
As a constant learner, this list is more important to me than my resume alone.
Each of these groups, certifications, or learning opportunities adds to my arsenal of ways to give back to the communities that have supported me along the way.
CERTIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- 2x Keynote Speaker – Donate to Learn SMB Conference – Toronto, Canada
- SMB Mentor with MicroMentor.org
- Dale Carnegie Leadership Training for Managers and Communication for Human Relations,
- Curriculum Design and How Adults Learn, Langevin Learning Services
- Instructional Design For New Designers, Langevin Learning Services
- Instructional Techniques for Instructors, Langevin
- Learning Services
- Certified Instructional Design/Developer, Langevin Learning Services
- Certified Instructor Facilitator, Langevin Learning Services
- Articulate Storyline 2, Advanced Design Certification
- DDI Certified Facilitator
Law Offices of James Scott Farrin/GrowPath - Communications / Training Manager
- Led 1 to 1 and group coaching, training, and feedback to all client communications staff to support and facilitate engagement with clients.
- Created eLearning courses using Articulate Storyline 360 designed to give staff members an engaging learning experience and exceptional on-demand content.
- Developed, maintained, and managed the creation of firm’s proprietary knowledge base. Designed a robust collection of videos, help articles, and how-to guides rooted in user interaction.
- Established instructional and marketing video library, creating 50 fully produced videos, utilizing Audacity (for voice-over recording and editing), Camtasia (for video editing).
- Created marketing product video library used for trade shows.
- Led organization’s move toward LEAN processes by serving as the primary investigator, resulting in increased productivity.
GoDaddy - Learning and Development Program Manager 2013-2016
• Was responsible for all team member development programs within GoDaddy’s Academy of Global Customer Care. This included the design, development, and delivery of the curricula for technical, sales, and soft-skills programs
• Managed continuing education training for specific product lines along with departmental on-boarding
• Defined core metrics for assessing training and ensuring the metrics data is available to drive key business decisions around the training investment. Ensured key stakeholders have clear visibility into the nature and impact of the Academy investment across Global Customer Care
• Drove consistency in the team member and customer experience by ensuring the Academy program reflects emerging best practices, cutting-edge tools and techniques
• Agile execution of training projects across multiple product teams, with a strategic push towards Agile Transformation
• Developed and provide leadership for the Academy team of Global Customer Care; including all assets, processes, frameworks, roadmaps, and deliverables
• Certified eLearning design specialist using Articulate Storyline
• Lead a team of 12 Trainers worldwide (US, India, Ireland), facilitating the New Hire Training program, department on-boarding, sales training and leadership training using adult learning theory
• Work with care center management to form goals into training and development strategies and solutions
• Use design flow to complete needs assessment and gap analysis to prioritize development needs for the care center
• Establish and evaluate training effectiveness providing continuous improvement recommendations to leadership
• Creation of employee continuing education training and development skills
• Oversee employee performance management and succession planning initiatives, including DDI Talent Management leadership training
• Foster continuous process improvement within Go Daddy to ensure curriculum training initiatives remain effective and relevant to the needs of the organization
GoDaddy - Training Specialist 2008-2013
• Facilitated six-week New Hire Program
• Aligned individuals and teams to the core values and mission of the company
• Taught fundamental skills to New Hire Agents to be successful in becoming internet sales consultants
• Developed, observed and improved performance of new hire teams
• Provided on-the-spot training, coaching and developmental feedback to each employee in the class
• Recognized, encouraged and rewarded behaviors and actions that lead to positive outcomes for the
team and customers
• Empowered team members to educate and assist customers become successful in their online presence
• Helped to develop skills for Agents to generate revenue and maintain a high level of productivity
• Created a productive, high-energy, and achievement oriented team environment
• Understood and utilized application of Adult Learning Theories
• Performed team member observations and provide positive structured feedback
• Oversaw action and performance plans for individuals on my team
GoDaddy - Inbound and Outbound Sales Representative 2005-2008
• Accomplished experience in selling and servicing technology products or services to small businesses and consumers
• Consulted, recommended and enabled the right online products and service strategies to help customers with their business or personal needs
• Experienced in social media and to search engine optimization to help small businesses grow their online presence
• Utilized strong interpersonal skills to include proven rapport building and sales techniques
• Delivered stellar customer service while troubleshooting a technical support call